We are recruiting a nurse for a permanent position at a privately owned nursing home in Barnstaple.
The Clinical Lead will have responsibility for the clinical management of the home and for leading a team of Nurses, Assistant Practitioners and Carer Assistants to ensure they deliver an excellent standard of care. Promoting independence and dignity, as well as positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care are priorities for us.
About the client:
The client is a privately owned nursing home that specialises in Dementia and Old age. It has a CQC rating of ‘Good’.
Exact duties may vary but usually include:
- Ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to their individual need
- Demonstrate leadership to a team of nurses, assistant practitioners and care assistants
- Act as a positive role model ensuring your presence is visible within the community of the home
- Promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the residents
- Support the manager and provider, to ensure that all outcomes are met related for Care Homes with Nursing for Older People, published by the Care Quality Commission
- NMC Pin
- Nursing diploma (UK-based or international)
- Excellent communication and people leadership skills are essential.
- Ideally with a proven record/experience of supporting elderly patients with dementia in a nursing home
- Experience with computerised systems for care management and medication recording is preferable