We are looking for an experienced Support Worker, to work with adults with learning disabilities within a small residential service for adults in Exeter.
The role of a Support Worker involves providing support to adults with learning disabilities in their development of essential skills, whilst promoting independence, self belief and enhancing their quality of life.
You will work on a personal level with service users, engaging with them to participate in a range activities. You may also need to act as a chaperone on shopping trips, social events and to appointments.
Main duties include:
- Supporting service users with daily life skills
- Assisting with personal hygiene and personal care
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Providing a chaperone to appointments, shopping trips and social events
- Promoting inclusion in social and sporting activities
- Offering general support and advice
- Working towards a service user’s care plan
In return we offer:
- A starting salary up to £10.00 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience
- A Welcome bonus of £250
- A full-time position with a guarantee of 35 hours per week
- Private health plan
- Entry to our Prize Draw
If you have previous experience working with adults with learning difficulties, and ideally hold an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, we would love to hear from you.