We are recruiting Executive Sous Chefs to work at a hotel in Newcastle.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and be responsible for assisting in the management of the food and kitchen banqueting operations.
You’ll be overall responsible for the Kitchen and its staff in the absence of the Head/Exec Chef, directing all kitchen activities and ensuring the preparation of our delicious food – helping create memorable experiences for guests. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance and inventory functions are kept to the highest standards – to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly.
You will lead and inspire everyone in the brigade, coaching and mentoring the team to be their best. The main purpose of the role is to manage the quality and food production of all catering at the given venue, lead and inspire the team to deliver the highest standards and ensure legislative requirements are met.
About the client:
The client provides good facilities and service at budget prices. It is located close to Newcastle Central Railway station, opposite Newcastle College and within walking distance of Newcastle City Centre.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of developing and leading a team
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills through Standard operating procedures. High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time and the time of the team
- Drive self-motivated. Excellent knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits