We are recruiting a practice nurse to work 2 days per week at a medical centre in Southend-on-Sea.
You will be responsible for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support while promoting independence and choice.
Gaining the trust and confidence of each resident is an important aspect of the job for nurses, especially as they have more contact with residents than other members of the care team. This extends to developing a good relationship with the resident’s relatives as well, particularly in cases of chronic illness where the resident may be receiving regular or continual treatments.
About the client:
Located in the centre of town, the surgery provides a range of NHS primary care services. The surgery strives to provide the best standards of medical and personal care with treatment being delivered in a clinically effective manner by the most appropriate health professional. The CQC rating is ‘Good’.
Exact duties may vary depending on your role but usually include:
- Writing care plans
- Implementing plans for wound treatment and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature
- Observing and recording the condition of residents
- Checking and administering drugs and injections
- Setting up drips and blood transfusions
- Assisting with tests and evaluations
- Communicating with and relieving the anxiety of patients and their relatives
- Educating residents about their health
- Organising staff and prioritising busy workloads
- Mentoring student and junior nurses
- Maintaining records
- NMC Pin
- Nursing diploma (UK or Overseas)
- 12 months previous UK nursing experience